Finsemble contains an executable called assimilation.exe that acts as a bridge between native Windows events (move,
minimize, maximize, etc.) and Finsemble, communicating over a WebSocket that runs on the desktop’s loopback (localhost).
The release notes for this executable are listed here.
Released September 19th, 2018
- Changed Assimilation window connection polling strategy from 400ms to every 100ms for 15 seconds.
Released July 27th, 2018
- Fixed bring to front (BTF) on assimilated windows.
Released July 25th, 2018
- Spawn assets with environment variables.
- Assimilation based asset spawning as alternative to OpenFin's externalApplication.
- Test whether app is 32bit before spawning.
- Send all messages from DLL to main process and keep track of spawned windows.
- Ignore invisible windows.
- DLL refactoring from version 1.0.0.